We look forward to welcoming
new & returning volunteers
from 25-28 August 2022!
Definition of the volunteers’ role:
- To perform or offer to perform a service of your own free will
- To do charitable or helpful work without pay
- Someone who plans to have a great time during Blair as part of our team!!
Does this sound like you?
Are you an enthusiastic, hardworking person who wants to give something back to their sport? If you are then we need you!
Equestrian events wouldn’t run if it wasn’t for the hundreds of people who give up their time every year, rain or shine, hot or cold. If you would like to be one of them, we have plenty of roles available.
We need people who are willing to help, whether for one, two or all four days (extra points if you can help with set-up or tear-down!) Below is a list of just some of the roles for volunteers during the event. NOT all roles require equestrian experience! All are much appreciated and incredibly important:
- Arena Crossing Point Stewards
- Cross Country Crossing Point Stewards (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- Catering Assistants & Floating Volunteers
- Arena Parties/Jumps Crew
- Office Runners/Information Tent
- Lorry Parkers
- Collecting Ring Stewards
- Scoring Assistants
- Website Results / data entry
- Covid compliance monitors (TBC for 2022)
- and many more!
In return you will receive:
- Entry tickets for when you aren’t volunteering
- Packed lunch for the days you are volunteering
- Free camping on site
- A Joules polo shirt if you are helping for 2 or more full-day shifts. If we are able to, we will provide polo shirts to everyone helping for one full-day shift, this will be confirmed at a later point in time.
- Entry into our Volunteer Draws for swag & fun prizes! If you or someone you know would like to donate something to our Volunteer Draws it would be greatly appreciated! We LOVE our Volunteers and want to do anything we can to make volunteering here at Blair at the top of their list for the summer!
Visit the Volunteer Corner to meet some of the volunteer members of our team and for more information including our Volunteer Handbook.
This year we are excited to be utilising a volunteer management program (website based) which was specifically designed for horse trials and other large-scale events. You will be asked to complete a volunteer profile* and then sign up for specific shifts/roles on each event day. There will be a questionnaire to complete which indicates things like if you need on-site camping.
HEAD TO THE VOLUNTEER WEBSITE TO SIGN UP!
Here is a quick tutorial in case you need a walk-through on how to sign up for the volunteer system and get started signing up for days & shifts:
Young Volunteers can also be part of our team with an appropriate role and they will be allocated with an adult during their shift.
We are actively supporting the Young Equestrian Leaders Award. Visit their website to find out more.
British Eventing offers volunteering opportunities across the country, information and training. It is a great way to get involved in eventing, share your skills and experience, or try volunteering for the first time.
Visit their website to find out more: www.britisheventing.com
* We take the security of your personal details very seriously and commit to not using them for any other purpose without your further consent. You can read a copy of our volunteer privacy notice here.