We look forward to welcoming
new & returning volunteers
from 22-25th of August 2024
As everyone knows, the sport of eventing cannot exist without volunteers. Volunteers show up rain or shine, with smiles and graciously give their free time to make sure everyone has a fun and safe day of sport. So this will be the first time, but most certainly not the last, that we say THANK YOU!
The event timetable is still being finalised, but we are expecting to run 3 days of cross country on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday this year. For the most part, volunteer shifts will be full day shifts ranging in times from 7-8am through to 5-6pm. If there are rings or shifts which will not run all day, we will do our best to update the timing for that specific shift nearer the event. If you’re not able to volunteer for a full day we do have a limited number of part day roles.
We will need volunteers for everything from course decoration & course building (especially for the changeovers from dressage to show jumping), arena parties, crossing points, collecting rings, programme sellers, social media & many more!
Please sign up to a role on the day(s) you are interested in
d in helping with and we will do our best to assign you to that position based on based on experience and availability as indicated in the questionnaire you will complete. Not all roles require equestrian experience, but all roles are important, needed and much appreciated!
In return for all your hard work volunteers will receive lunch, snacks & refreshments on the days they are working and season entry to the full event in addition to some additional perks.
Volunteer FAQ’s 2023
For Frequently asked questions please click here.
Here’s how to get started with the GB Eventing Volunteers system:
- If you haven’t got a Volunteer profile please create & confirm your Volunteer Profile before you do anything else. The EASIEST way to do this is with a laptop or desktop computer, we do not recommend using your phone for this part.
- Determine the day(s) you want to work. Days are listed above under the blue EVENTS DAYS tab. Click on the specific day to see the positions/shifts available for that day.
** IF YOU WANT TO VOLUNTEER FOR MORE THAN ONE DAY YOU NEED TO SIGN UP FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL DAY. Please do not just put it in your notes that you’re free to work other days. **
- Select the sign-up button next to the shift you want to work. If there is no button it means all slots for that position for that day have been filled.) If you are wishing to work with a friend, then they will need to sign up to the same shift and role as you.
**If you are wishing to do a cross country crossing point please make sure you put who you wish to work with and we will do our best to allocate you a crossing together as these will not be allocated until near the event once we have the course signed off.**
- As mentioned, we are aiming to have as many people in the same roles as previous years to start establishing teams / areas with experienced people in the right places. Some positions have not been made public. You will receive a private sign-up link directly if you have completed those roles previously or we will allocate these based on previous experience if you have signed up to a general role.
- Any other special needs/requests – please use the comments field and we will do our best to accommodate.
We prefer to have full day volunteers and will prioritise volunteers who are able to work multiple full days. However, if you are only able to work a partial day, please add a comment on the sign up or email us directly via the Volunteer system to see what accommodations can be made. Due to the timing of the particular ring / area / activity some roles may run longer and some may run shorter.
A note regarding communications from us through this email system: some email providers will block all links by default. In most cases, you can enable links and necessary buttons/content by “whitelisting” and adding the following email address to your contacts/email address book: email@example.com Another workaround is to go to your volunteer dashboard to complete the required actions.
We have a FAQ page on the volunteers system which we will be updating regularly which can be found in the documents section, but if there is something that you can’t see on there, please drop an email via the Volunteer system and one of the team will be in touch.
We can’t wait to see everyone Back at Blair in August, and THANK YOU for volunteering!
Young Volunteers can also be part of our team with an appropriate role and they will be allocated with an adult during their shift.
We are actively supporting the Young Equestrian Leaders Award. Visit their website to find out more.
British Eventing offers volunteering opportunities across the country, information and training. It is a great way to get involved in eventing, share your skills and experience, or try volunteering for the first time.
Visit their website to find out more: www.britisheventing.com
* We take the security of your personal details very seriously and commit to not using them for any other purpose without your further consent. You can read a copy of our volunteer privacy notice here.