- Stabling will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Applications open on the 3rd June 2019; applications received prior to this date will NOT be accepted. Bookings close 6th August 2019, or when all stables are filled. Strictly NO applications will be accepted after this date. No refunds will be given for stabling cancelled after the closing date. Stabling applications will NOT be accepted without payment. The stable manager for Showing, Show Jumping and BE Eventing will be Jacquie Muirhead.
- Stabling applications can be made only through equoevents.co.uk. .
- Stabling will not be confirmed without payment.
- On-site stabling will be provided at a cost of £160 (inclusive of VAT) from Wednesday 21st August to Sunday 25th August and at a cost of £140 (inclusive of VAT) from Thursday 22nd August to Sunday 25th. Single night stables are also available at a cost of £60 including VAT.
- Stables will be available from 4pm on the day of arrival.
- Straw bedding will be provided. Shavings may be purchased at an additional cost and can be pre-ordered with the Stable Manager.
- Stabling refunds – cancellations must be received in writing no later than 1st August. After this date cancellations will not be refunded unless the stable can be re-allocated.
- Competitors are not permitted to sublet stables.
- Boxes MUST BE vacated and mucked out by 2pm on the day of departure.
Horse Box Parking / Entry Passes
- Two wristbands will be supplied per horse and one wristband for each additional horse thereafter, and one additional wristband for each entry to be ridden by a person 16 years or under.
- One vehicle pass will be issued per entry form. Additional cars must park in the public car park. All further admission passes and vehicle passes must be booked and paid for through our online box office. One Horsebox Pass will be sent with entry confirmation to allow the lorry/trailer to be parked in the BS lorry park.
- Due to the limited space within the Horsebox Park only those Lorries or trailers containing horses will be allowed entry. Empty horseboxes and trailers will be expected to park in the public car park.
- Camping: Only competitors who have booked stabling are permitted to stay overnight in their horse boxes. Additional camping for tents or caravans is not available in the lorry park. Please contact the horse trials office directly to book additional camping which will be in the event campsite.
- Competitors who have not booked stabling must leave the showground at the end of the show day.
- Horses may not be kept in horseboxes overnight. Pens are not permitted overnight or during the day. Anyone erecting pens will be asked to take them down. You will only be issued passes for the relevant days of competition you have entered. You will not be able to gain access to the event on any other day without the correct tickets.
- Full catering, bar and shower facilities will be available on site from Wednesday 21st August.
Equine Influenza Vaccinations
Following consultation with our veterinary advisors and equestrian governing bodies, Blair Castle Horse Trials has made the decision that it will be mandatory for all horses and ponies entering the venue to be vaccinated against equine influenza, according to standard British Horseracing Association guidelines, with the last vaccination having been administered no more than 365 days prior to entry to the venue. All animals must have completed the primary course of two vaccinations. The last vaccination must have been administered at least 7 days before entering the venue.
Horses competing under FEI rules or British Eventing rules must abide by the vaccination rules of that Governing Body.
Foals under six months of age will be exempt from the vaccination requirement.
Random passport checks will be implemented to verify vaccination status. Any animal without a valid vaccination protocol or if the owner/rider is unable to produce a valid passport, there will be immediate eviction of that animal from the venue. In this case, no refunds will be issued in respect of entries or stabling.
All horses and ponies competing at Blair Castle must be vaccinated against Equine Influenza.
For further information please visit www.blairhorsetrials.co.uk/equine-flu
- Dogs are permitted on the Showground, but MUST be on a lead at all times. Blair Castle Estate Ltd requests that people are considerate and please pick up fouling left by their dogs. Free bags are available from either the Stable Manager’s Office or from the main Information Marquee. Anyone found in violation of this will be required to donate £10 to the event’s chosen charity, or will be asked to leave the venue immediately. No refunds will be given.
- Dope test: The Committee reserves the right to have any animal tested.
- Competitors attention is drawn to Rule 82 – Conduct of Members. It is expected that competitors abide by this rule at all times when on the showground.
- Liability: Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the Organisers, Atholl Estates, Blair Castle Estate Ltd, nor any Agent, employee or representative of these bodies accept any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury, illness to horses, riders, owners, grooms, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
- Insurance: All owners and competitors are personally responsible for damages to third parties caused by themselves, their employees, their agents or their horses. They are therefore strongly advised to take out a third-party insurance providing full coverage for participation in equestrian events at home and abroad and to keep the policy up to date.
- Loss or damage: The organisers accept no responsibility whatsoever for loss, injury or damage, however caused, to any person, animal or property of the Showground, in stables or in car park.
- Children: Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult while riding/handling horses or ponies, with the exception of while competing in a class.
- There is a curfew on riding of 7pm throughout the event. This includes warm up arenas and hacking as well as competition arenas. Horses may still be exercised in hand or lunged after this time. Anyone found riding after curfew may be asked to leave the venue. No refunds will be given for stabling or entry fees.
Data Protection Information
By entering any class through EquoEvents, you agree to the following:
- To allow the data provided on the entry form being processed and stored electronically for the purposes of managing your competition entry and to its being shared with third party organisations for verification of qualifying status and results etc. e.g. for affiliated or related championships and finals.
- For the owners/exhibitors name and horse details to be displayed in the official catalogue, and to be released to appropriate third parties.
- To receive specific updates regarding this and future showing classes at Blair Castle. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com
- To be aware that there will be an official photographer at this show and all the affiliated societies and Blair Castle International Horse Trials reserve the right to use photographs taken at this Show in any publications/websites/social media sites.
- That they have read and agree to the Rules as laid down in the relevant 2018 Rule Book and Notes for Competitors