Terms & Conditions
Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome at the event.
Purchases at the Gate
General Admission tickets and parking are available to purchase at the event. At present, payment is by cash only.
The organisers regret that no duplicate tickets will be issued in respect of any lost, forgotten, unused or surplus admission tickets, memberships or caravan park passes.
The organisers reserve the right to cancel any ticket bookings and refund monies paid. This includes but is not limited to bookings which the organisers believe to have fraudulently used discount or special offers.
In the event of abandonment of the event, advanced ticket holders may be entitled to a refund or partial refund depending on the duration which the event has been open to the public. In the event of abandonment any such refund shall only be made after consultation with the event insurers. In the case of abandonment, all applications for refunds must be made in writing to the Horse Trials Office.
Disclaimer of Liability
Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the Organisers, Atholl Estates, Blair Castle Estate Ltd, nor any Agent, employee or representative of these bodies accept any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, riders, owners, grooms, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
Grandstands, Course Walks and Whisky Tasting
Admission tickets or memberships are required for the appropriate day, in addition to the above ticket.
The Organisers do not accept liability for any ‘lost in post’ claims.
The Organisers will not use or pass on your personal details in future without your permission. When you purchase at the box office or enter a class, you may be asked whether or not you wish to receive details of future events and services from Blair Castle International Horse Trials and Country Fair and Atholl Estates, and whether we may pass your details on to other reputable companies whose products and services may be of interest to you.
The Organisers regret that no refunds will be issued in respect of any lost, forgotten, unused or surplus admission tickets, memberships or caravan park passes.
The use of drones and other flying equipment is not allowed over Blair Castle, the castle grounds or on the wider estate unless in exceptional circumstances. Anyone who would like to apply for permission during the event should contact the horse trials office in the first instance. email@example.com
Caravan Park / Camping Specific Terms & Conditions
Camping pitches must be purchased in advance.
Under 18s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian – no under 18s may camp unsupervised. The organisers reserve the right to refuse admission to unaccompanied under 18s.
Dogs are permitted but must be kept on leads when on the campsite. Owners must clear up after their dogs – bags will be available. Dogs must not be left in caravans or vehicles during the day.
NO petrol generators. Diesel generators are permitted, providing they are correctly earthed and fuel is correctly stored. The campsite manager may check generators and remove any deemed unsafe. Generators should not be run during quiet hours.
Campers are requested to respect other guests and keep noise (including generator noise) to a reasonable level – quiet hours will be in effect between 11pm and 7am.
Any campers repeatedly making excessive noise or behaving in an antisocial manner may be ejected from the camp site at the organiser’s discretion – no refunds will be given.
A rubbish skip and a chemical toilet emptying point will be provided for campers’ use. Anyone misusing these facilities may be asked to leave the campsite. No refund will be given.
Competition & Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
Please read these competition rules carefully. If you enter one of our competitions, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
1. To enter a competition you must be 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
2. Competitions are not open to employees of Blair Castle Estate Limited (or members of their immediate families)
3. No purchase necessary unless specified.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. If you want to enter a competition you may enter via the website on the applicable competition page, via social media, by the stated method, by completing and returning an entry form, or you can also send your answer, detailing which competition you wish to enter, together with your name, address and e-mail address by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Sending an e-mail or posting an entry form is not proof that we have received your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
7. The closing date is as specified in each competition, and Blair Castle Estate reserves the right to amend the competition end date at any time.
8. If you win a competition, we will notify you by email, or social media if you entered the competition on a social media platform, within 48 working hours of the closing date. if you do not respond within 48 hours of being notified, you will forfeit your prize and Blair Castle Estate reserves the right to choose another winner. The judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. You can find out who has won a particular competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Blair Castle Estate Office, Blair Atholl, Pitlochry, PH18 5TH after the closing date.
10. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material as Blair Castle Estate may require.
11. If a panel of judges is required for the competition, it will be comprised of persons detailed on the relevant competition page and/or staff of Blair Castle Estate Limited.
12. The prize will not be transferable to another person.
13. No part of a prize is exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
14. If an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
15. We reserve the right to reject any entries that are inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged or otherwise deficient.
16. The competition is being run by Blair Castle Estate Ltd., Atholl Estates Office, Blair Atholl, Pitlochry, PH18 5TH.
17. Entries for competitions related to alcoholic beverages are strictly 18 years and over.
18. Blair Castle Estate reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Blair Castle Estate may also create rules which will apply to a specific competition only. If we do this we will publish the amended competition rules and/or specific competition rules on the relevant competition page, or detailed at the end of these rules
19. If the competition or promotion is run on Facebook, then it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this promotion.
20. Blair Castle Estate will endeavour to send prizes within a month of the competition end date but cannot guarantee this delivery time.
21. The competition is governed by Scottish law.